Teignmouth & Dawlish Ramblers

Walking in South Devon

Message Board

A couple of amendments to our printed programme for this Sunday, 22 October.

Short Walk - The walk leader, Katherine, has requested that NO DOGS are taken on this walk as there is one bit where she doesn’t think it would be a good idea.

Long Walk - A reminder there is no long walk this Sunday as it was moved forward to September.

News Letter

Every three months our Chair, Tony Wilson, will issue a News Letter summarising the previous 3 months and outling future events

T&DR Newsletter - October 2017


Dear Rambler

Ihope that you have enjoyed the current walks programme with opportunities for both short, long and tea shop walks.

Walks Programme

The new Walks Programme covering the period November – January 2018 is now attached but you will note that the programme currently has a few gaps. We hope these will be filled shortly. The latest version of the programme will be available at the AGM. If you are interested in leading a walk please let one of the Committee know. New walk leaders are always needed and there are plenty of volunteers who will come and help you recce walks and act as back marshals.

View Ranger

In the last newsletter I mentioned that Karen Bridgman and Mary Watt were exploring the use of an App: View Ranger, which can track walks and assist in navigation. Unfortunately further work has shown that View Ranger is no a viable option for our Group as it can’t be used by all mobile phone users. We will however keep an eye on other options.

Committee News

I have had the privilege of being your Chair for the last year but feel that I must now step down and provide an opportunity for someone else to lead our Group. Catherine Jordan is also stepping down and so there will be a vacancy for another Committee member. If you are interested in being on the Committee or taking on the role of Chair please let me or our Secretary, Deborah Welland, know by Saturday 21 October 2017 . Names will then go forward for consideration at the AGM.

AGM

Our Group’s AGM will take place at 2.00 pm on Sunday 5 November 2017 in the Holcombe Village Hall. The agenda is set at the end of the newsletter. If you wish to raise any items please can you let Deborah Welland know (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) or phone 07775406952, by Saturday 21 October 2017. This year, as requested, the AGM will be preceded by two walks, to be led by Mike Whitlock and Karen Bridgman (full details are in the walks programme). After the formal meeting, and in addition to our post AGM cream tea, you will also have the opportunity to share a special cake to celebrate the Group’s 30th anniversary.


Social Events

The Group’s holiday to Lech, Austria was a great success, with superb walking. Our thanks go to Karen for organising this. Karen and Anne are already planning holidays for 2018, with possible trips to the Lake District in June and Chaminox in September 2018. More details will be available at the AGM but if you can’t attend the meeting and want to find out more please contact Anne McCallister on 01626 864046 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

The lunch/dinner club is now being reactivated for the winter season. The first lunch will be on Friday 27 October at the Ship Inn, Cockwood at 1.00 pm. The popular pensioners lunch is £8.25 for two courses. Anne will need numbers in advance so phone 01626 864046 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This year for our Annual Dinner we will be trying out a lunch rather than an evening meal. This will take place at the Langstone Cliff Hotel, Dawlish Warren at the end of January. Anne will provide more details.

Finally, on the social front, are there any quizzers out there?? Holcombe Village Residents’ Association is organising its annual charity quiz on Friday 17 November. Teams will be of six. If anyone is interested please contact Anne on phone 01626 864046 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Devon Area AGM

This year’s Devon Area AGM will take place on Saturday 10 February 2018 at Buckfast Abbey Conference Centre. In addition to AGM business and morning walks led by the Totnes Group, the guest speaker for the afternoon will be John Risdon, who is a well known South Devon tour guide and who will be speaking on the subject of the Middle Dart. All Members are invited to attend, travel expenses will be met by T&DR as well as a £5 contribution per person to the cost of the lunch buffet and drinks (£10.80). Full details will be provided by David Hinchliffe (Area Secretary) at our AGM.

Website and Blog

Can I just remind everyone that full programme details, photos and latest news can be found on our website at www.teignramblers.org.uk. Please submit your photos and walk summaries to Peter Sillifant at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Personal Details Update

Don’t forget that if you move, change your phone or email address do let our Secretary, Deborah Welland know (07775406952 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) otherwise we can’t keep in touch with you.

Tony Wilson, Chair of Teignmouth & Dawlish Ramblers

 

AGM AGENDA
2.00 – 4.00 pm Sunday 5 November 2017, Holcombe Village Hall

1. Chairman’s welcome
2. Apologies
3. Minutes of last AGM.

4. Matters arising from the Minutes

5. Update from Devon Area Secretary, David Hinchliffe
6. Officers’ Reports
7. Election of the Committee for 2017-18
8. The use of T&D Reserves
9. Any Other Business


To be followed by a cream tea and 30th Anniversary cake

 

Saturday, October 21, 2017